SBA 8(a) Certification
What does 8(a) certification mean?
As an 8(a) business, Ardent Technologies, is a small business owned and controlled at least 51% by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals who are also American citizens. The Small Business Administration has vetted Ardent to ensure it has good character and a demonstrated potential for business success. Ardent has the welcoming environment of a small business and the stability of a larger organization.
Advantages of contracting with an 8(a) business:
- Government agencies can make an award for goods and services without going through RFP process.
- Government agencies can award $4 million for each project.
- Sole source awards cannot be protested.
- 8(a) businesses can form joint ventures and teams to bid on contracts, enhancing the ability to successfully bid for and perform larger opportunities.
- The direct award process takes days versus many weeks to months using the traditional process
Process for 8(a) procurement
- Send Ardent SBA representative provided below a letter of intent
- Send Ardent the scope of work
- Receive and review Ardent’s proposal
- Make the award
POC for ARDENT
Mr. Ron Hartke
For more information on 8(a) program, please visit
SBA Representative for ARDENT
Business Opportunity Specialist
U.S. Small Business Administration
Columbus District Office
614-469-6860 ex. 276